0 people want to try | 1 have favorited
1. Slit each chile with a sharp knife and remove the seeds and stem.
2. Place the peppers in a large saucepan and cover them with the chicken stock.
3. Add the onion and garlic.
4. Bring the stock to a boil over high heat, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the peppers have absorbed some liquid and have become soft.
5. Pour the pepper mixture and cooking liquid into a blender. Blend on low speed, increasing to high speed as the puree combines.
VARIATION Chipotle Red Chili Paste: For a hotter and smokier flavor, add 2 or more dried chipotles.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?