Ready in 45 minutes
Try this Steak Salad recipe, or contribute your own. "Main Dish" and "Salads" are two of the tags cooks chose for Steak Salad.
Tip: Another recipe with the exact-same name "Steak Salad" ranks higher.
1) Season steak with Steak Seasoning. Grill to order (can be done ahead of time)
2) Slice red onion 1/4" thick. Season with salt, pepper & oil
3) Grill meat and onion and hold at room temperature
4) Toss greens with tomatoes, balsamic dressing and salt/pepper
5) Place greens in center of plate. Top with grilled onion
6) Sprinkle gorgonzola on top
7) Allow steak to rest 30 seconds prior to cutting. Thinly slice on a bias to get 8 to 10 slices
8) Lay around the base of the salad
9) Drizzle horseradish cream over meat
10) Top salad with crisp shoestring potatoes
Red Pepper Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
1) In blender, add shallots, garlic, mustard, balsamic vinegar and roasted pepper. Blend.
2) With motor running, add olive oil, Tabasco sauce & salt/pepper.
3) Taste and adjust seasoning.
Horseradish Cream Sauce
Mix in stainless steel bowl, cover and store at 40 degrees.