Old Fashioned Homemade Style Chicken Pot Pie
This is a simple, quick, healthy, and delicious recipe. It adds some seasoning that others have left out for that extra flavor. Also, use your own combination of frozen vegetables for your own taste likings. The most popular would be either peas, carrots, or green beans in any number or variation."Perfect. I used a can of mixed veggies (15oz) and 2 cups of chicken. I didn't have to precook the veggies. I also used 2 cloves of garlic with the cream mixture. I used half and half instead of milk too. " - AmandaWV
Yield: 8 Ready in 1 hours, 10 minutes
217 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|1/3 cupmargarine or butter|
|1/3 cuponions; chopped|
|1/2 cupcelery; sliced|
|1/4 tspgarlic powder|
|1/2 tsppoultry seasoning|
|1 3/4 cupschicken broth|
|1 poundskinless, boneless chicken breast; cubed|
|2 cupsfrozen mixed vegetables (carrots; peas, green beans, etc)|
|2 (9 inch)unbaked pie crusts; 1 top crust and 1 bottom|
Old Fashioned Homemade Style Chicken Pot Pie Preparation
1. Pre Heat Oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
3. In another saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the chicken mixture in the bottom pie crust. Pour the hot liquid mixture over. Cover with the top crust, seal the edges, and cut away the excess dough. Make serveral small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?