Ready in 1 hour
This is a simple, quick, healthy, and delicious recipe. It adds some seasoning that others have left out for that extra flavor. Also, use your own combination of frozen vegetables for your own taste likings. The most popular would be either peas, carrots, or green beans in any number or variation.
"Perfect. I used a can of mixed veggies (15oz) and 2 cups of chicken. I didn't have to precook the veggies. I also used 2 cloves of garlic with the cream mixture. I used half and half instead of milk too. "- AmandaWV
242 people want to try | 321 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Old Fashioned Homemade Style Chicken Pot Pie"
1. Pre Heat Oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
3. In another saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the chicken mixture in the bottom pie crust. Pour the hot liquid mixture over. Cover with the top crust, seal the edges, and cut away the excess dough. Make serveral small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Lttype 3 months agoVery good recipe. Next time I will cut back on the poultry seasoning, or leave it out altogether
Ken Armstrong 1 year agoJust like the one my mother made to make me fall in love with chicken pot pies. What a great recipe. I am so glad that we had left overs.
margoadams 2 years ago
Jasmine9907 2 years ago
Segerguy 2 years agoI made this for dinner last night. It was very simple and fast to make. I added a little tyme and sage and I think it really set it off. I will make this again. I posted a picture of my finished dish.
beberogers 2 years agoVery good! My husband loved it. I added the garlic powder and the poultry seasoning with the salt and pepper because the recipe doesn't specify where/when to add them.
TMac923 2 years agoMy wife is ready for me to make this again!
Cowtown_Slim 2 years agoI made this dish tonight and it was outstanding! Reasonably quick, easy, and has a savory full bodied taste. It's so good you'll want to slap Marie Callender.
Brandy92627 3 years agoPretty quick and simple for a big yummy taste
AmandaWV 3 years agoPerfect. I used a can of mixed veggies (15oz) and 2 cups of chicken. I didn't have to precook the veggies. I also used 2 cloves of garlic with the cream mixture. I used half and half instead of milk too.
Kayleemallette 3 years agoOh my god yum that is all. I was able to make this while my 4mo. old slept. Perfect!
LMyers1 3 years agoVery good. Will make this again for sure.
lmgeag 4 years agoMy husband said this was 'restuarant quality' and deserved an award! It was delicious and all 3 kids cleaned their plates after having seconds.
woodworker13 4 years agoVery easy and tasty!
TMac923 4 years agoComments: This is an old-fashioned, from scratch, comfort food. [I posted this recipe.]