Mrs. Rosen's Raisin Cookies!
Our neighbor up the street, in Wethersfield, CT, used to make these cookies! Be careful not to overbake. And, store in airtight container quickly after baking.
Yield: 0 Ready in 45 minutes
0 people trying soon
Mrs. Rosen's Raisin Cookies! Preparation
1) Cook raisins in water, until water is absorbed.
(*If doubling recipe, don''t boil away all of water: save a little.) Let cool somewhat.
2) Cream margarine (**try this with at least half butter) and sugar.
3) Add eggs, soda, flour, vanilla.
4) Stir in raisins.
5) Chill dough.
6) Preheat oven to 375F. Grease cookie sheets.
7) Roll/scoop dough into large golfball-sized balls. Roll in sugar.
8) Bake on greased sheets, about 15 minutes, being careful not to overbake. Keep in covered container/sealed bag as cookies harden guickly. Rating:
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Mrs. Rosen's Raisin Cookies! Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes ago