|roasted garlic head; (see below)|
|2 anchovy fillet|
|2 tablespoonscapers; drained and rinsed (25 mL)|
|Dijon mustard; (2 mL)|
|1 tablespoonlemon juice; (15 mL)|
|1/4 teaspoonWorcestershire sauce; (1 mL)|
|1/4 cupvegetable oil; (50 mL)|
|2 tablespoonslow fat mayonnaise; (25 mL)|
|1/4 teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper; (1 mL)|
|1 head romaine lettuce; outer leaves removed|
|1/4 cupfreshly grated or shaved parmesan; (50 mL)|
Caesar Dressing Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
2. Slice stem end off garlic. Place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with the oil. Wrap garlic and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until softened. This can be done ahead up to one day ahead. Let cool.
1. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse roasted garlic, raw garlic, anchovy, and capers.
2. Process until finely minced. Add Dijon mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. With motor running, slowly drizzle in vegetable oil and finish with mayonnaise to achieve a creamy consistency.
3. Season with black pepper and salt if needed, to taste.
4. In a large bowl, tear lettuce into bite size pieces, Add dressing,
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Caesar Dressing Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 14 hours, 30 minutes ago