Even if you don't usually like eating pistachios, this delicious ice-cream is worth a try. I dont usually eat pistachios, but was blown away with how tasty this ice-cream turned out that a family member made for us one night. Easy to make and very tasty!
34 people want to try | 55 have favorited
Pistachio ice-cream Preparation
1. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pistachio kernels and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until toasted (see microwave tip). Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Place in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Set aside until required.
2. Combine the cream, milk and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Discard cinnamon stick.
3. Use a wire balloon whisk to whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof jug until thick and pale. Gradually stir in the warm milk mixture until well combined.
4. Pour mixture into a clean saucepan and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 15 minutes or until custard coats back of the spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in food colouring and pistachio until combined.
5. Pour into a shallow metal container. Cover with foil and place in the freezer for 4 hours or until almost set.
6. Roughly break up the ice-cream with a large metal spoon. Transfer to a large bowl and use an electric beater to beat until smooth. Quickly return mixture to the metal container. Cover with foil and freeze for another 4 hours or until firm. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately.
Recipe from Taste.com.au
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Pistachio ice-cream Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven