Short Order Home Fries (5)
These are amazing potatoes if i do say so myself... not exactly quick but the time is worth it."I have made these a few times now. They alwas come out perfect. Gone are the days of them turning mushy or sticking to the pan or not getting the right kind of brown. The secret is the microwave." - loratellefsen
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
12 people trying soon
Short Order Home Fries (5) Preparation
- Put potatoes in a large bowl top with 1 T. of butter and cover tight with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high 5-7 min till edges begin to soften (shaking bowl 1/2 way threw without removing plastic)
- Melt 1 T. butter in large nonstick skillet over medium, add onions cook till golden brown about 8 min.
- Transfer onions to a small bowl and set aside
- Melt remaining 2 T. butter in skillet, add potatoes pack down with spatula.
- Cook WITHOUT moving for 5-7 min till browned
- Turn potatoes and pack down and cook 5-7 min more.
- Reduce heat to med-low and continue to cook stirring potatoes every few minutes till crusty 9-12 minutes.
- Stir in onion garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?