Ready in 30 minutes
Pretty quick to prepare with a great payoff
"New Fav! I used lard (which I never cook w/ but I thought would fit this recipe well) instead of butter and a self-rising buttermilk corn meal mix that I found at a discount grocer. "- 2bsailingfree
2 people want to try | 6 have favorited
- Oven to 425
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine buttermilk and green onion is a small bowl.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, and pepper in large bowl to blend.
- Add chilled butter and rub in with fingers until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk mixture and stir until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough together.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead gently just to combine, about 3 or 4 turns.
- Roll out to 3/4? thickness
- Cut into biscuits and put on sheet.
- Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
- Sprinkle each lightly with coarse sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake until golden about 20 minutes.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
2bsailingfree 3 years agoNew Fav! I used lard (which I never cook w/ but I thought would fit this recipe well) instead of butter and a self-rising buttermilk corn meal mix that I found at a discount grocer.
TheFrenchKitchen 3 years ago[I posted this recipe.]