Masala Spiced Lamb Sliders
This is an appetizer recipe for Indian spiced mini lamb burgers with chutneys. An updated traditional North Indian lamb kebab, these burgers are tender and easy to make.
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 4 hours
favorite of 15 people 8 people want to try
|1 poundground lamb|
|1 inch ginger root; peeled and roughly chopped|
|6 tablespoonslime juice|
|1 teaspoonground white pepper|
|1/2 teaspoonground mace|
|2 tablespoonsVegetable oil|
|1/4 cupcornstarch; use chickpea flower if you have it for a more authentic taste|
|1 cuppanko; japanese breadcrumbs|
|2 largeegg yolks; beaten|
|2 teaspoonsgaram masala; or tandoori spice mix if you have and prefer (add more for spici|
|1 teaspoonghee; melted, or butter if ghee is not available|
|4 slicessmoked mozzarella; or any other smoked cheese if desired and cut each into 4 pieces|
|16 dinner rolls; or 8 hamburger buns if making larger burgers|
Masala Spiced Lamb Sliders Preparation
1. Combine the ginger, garlic, and lime just in a blender or food processor until a watery blend is formed. It will not reach the consistency of a paste.
2. Transfer the mixture to a glass bowl, and add the lamb, pepper, and mace. Combine thoroughly in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 or so hours. Then, take the meat out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature if time allows.
3. When ready to proceed with the recipe, preheat the oven to 500ºF. If looking for an authentic tandoori taste, use a pizza stone in the oven.
4. Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the cornstarch and toast, stirring occasionally. Heat for about 4 minutes.
5. Add the cornstarch or chickpea mixture to the lamb, along with the panko, egg yolks, salt, and chosen spice blend and combine.
6. Form the meat into patties. The mixture should yield 16 equal sized sliders or 8 medium burgers.
7. Transfer the patties to a baking sheet (or directly to pizza stone if using). Cook 15 minutes or so, turning once and basting with ghee until patties looked nicely browned and cook.
8. Alternatively, they can be pan fried in oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
9. Once the burgers have been turned, add a quarter of a slice of cheese to each slider if desired.
10. Serve on toasted dinner rolls with chutneys and paprika seasoned fries for a great simple meal!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Masala Spiced Lamb Sliders Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven