Ready in 4 hours
This is an appetizer recipe for Indian spiced mini lamb burgers with chutneys. An updated traditional North Indian lamb kebab, these burgers are tender and easy to make.
Top-ranked recipe named "Masala Spiced Lamb Sliders"
1. Combine the ginger, garlic, and lime just in a blender or food processor until a watery blend is formed. It will not reach the consistency of a paste.
2. Transfer the mixture to a glass bowl, and add the lamb, pepper, and mace. Combine thoroughly in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 or so hours. Then, take the meat out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature if time allows.
3. When ready to proceed with the recipe, preheat the oven to 500ºF. If looking for an authentic tandoori taste, use a pizza stone in the oven.
4. Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the cornstarch and toast, stirring occasionally. Heat for about 4 minutes.
5. Add the cornstarch or chickpea mixture to the lamb, along with the panko, egg yolks, salt, and chosen spice blend and combine.
6. Form the meat into patties. The mixture should yield 16 equal sized sliders or 8 medium burgers.
7. Transfer the patties to a baking sheet (or directly to pizza stone if using). Cook 15 minutes or so, turning once and basting with ghee until patties looked nicely browned and cook.
8. Alternatively, they can be pan fried in oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
9. Once the burgers have been turned, add a quarter of a slice of cheese to each slider if desired.
10. Serve on toasted dinner rolls with chutneys and paprika seasoned fries for a great simple meal!