Dark Chocolate Chip Scones
|3-¼ cups all-purpose flour|
|½ cup granulated sugar|
|1 tablespoonplus 1 teaspoon baking powder|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|2 cups(12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chi|
|½ cup chopped nuts(optional)|
|2 cupschilled whipping cream|
|2 tablespoonsButter; melted|
|Additional granulated sugar|
Dark Chocolate Chip Scones Preparation
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Stir together flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
3. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into three equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles. Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional granulated sugar.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired. 24 scones.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Dark Chocolate Chip Scones Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven