Bananas Foster Bars Recipe
|1/2 cup(1 stick) butter; softened|
|1 cupdark brown sugar; packed|
|1 tablespoondark rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract|
|1/8 teaspoonbaking soda|
|1/2 teaspoonbaking powder|
|1 cupbananas; diced|
|1/2 cup(2 ounces) pecans or walnuts; chopped|
|2 tablespoonsunsalted butter at room temperature|
|4 ouncescream cheese; softened|
|1/4 cuplight brown sugar; packed|
|1 teaspoonrum or pure vanilla extract|
|1 cupsconfectioners’ sugar; sifted|
|Pecan halves for garnish|
Bananas Foster Bars Recipe Preparation
1. Make the Bars:
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly butter and flour 9-inch square pan (see Note).
3. In large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and rum. Mix to combine.
4. In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture. Mix in bananas and pecans, then stir to incorporate.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Make the Frosting:
7. In large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, and extract with an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Add cinnamon and 1 cup confectioners’ sugar; blend until smooth (careful; over mixing will cause separation). Add additional confectioners’ sugar to create desired consistency.
8. Spread frosting immediately over cooled bar cookies. Cover and store bars in refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, cut bars into 2-inch squares. If desired, top each square with a pecan half.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Bananas Foster Bars Recipe Reviews
For a thicker bar, use an 8-inch square pan. [I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 1 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven