Ready in 20 minutes
#1 serving of pak choi (bok choy) (100g); sometimes sold as Pak Choi
#1/2 red pepper
#4 ozs. of carrot
#4 ozs. of mange tout
#1/2 tsp of vegetable oil
#8 ozs. of chicken fillet
#1 piece of root ginger (1cm or 0.5 inch)
#1 clove of garlic
#1 tsp of chilli
#1 tbs of sherry
#1 tsp of soy sauce
#1/2 tsp of sesame oil
11 people want to try | 19 have favorited
1.Heat a small pan over a medium heat and add the sesame seeds (if included in your ingredients list); toss for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
2. Set aside.
3. Bring a little water to the boil in a steamer or large saucepan.
4. Place the quartered bok choi, pepper strips, carrot batons and mange tout into the steamer basket or a sieve, place over the boiling water and steam of 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
5. Heat a wok or non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
6. Add the vegetable oil and heat until almost smoking, than add the chicken.
7. Stir-fry for 4-6 minutes, then add the ginger, garlic, chilli and onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
8. Add the sherry, soy sauce and sesame oil and stir to combine. Add the bok choi and pepper and toss through.
9. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds (if included on your ingredients list) before serving.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?