Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole
This casserole tastes just like cabbage rolls, but it certainly takes much less time to make, but has all the flavour. You can also add in cooked crumbled bacon and chopped celery with the ground beef mixture if desired. Use only converted rice for this.
4 people want to try | 9 have favorited
|1 lbGround beef|
|1 smallOnion; chopped|
|1 smallgreen bell pepper; seeded and finely chopped (optional)|
|2 teaspoonsdried chili pepper flakes; (optional or to taste)|
|1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic; (or to taste)|
|1/4 cupgrated parmesan cheese; (can use more)|
|salt; and pepper|
|1/2 cupconverted rice; uncooked|
|1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup|
|1 1/2 cupspasta sauce; (homemade or store bought)|
|2 (10 ounce) cans water; if needed (use can from the soup)|
|3 -4 cups shredded cabbage|
|shredded; cheddar cheese|
Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole Preparation
1. Set oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease a medium or large baking dish.
3. In a frypan, saute onion with garlic, green pepper and dried chili flakes (if using) until soft but not brown.
4. Add ground beef, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
5. Cook until meat is no longer pink; drain.
6. Add uncooked rice to hamburger mixture; mix well.
7. Add soup, pasta sauce and water; mix well.
8. Spread the shredded cabbage in the baking dish.
9. Transfer the ground beef/onion mixture over the cabbage (DO NOT STIR).
10. Bake, uncovered for 1 hour (or until cabbage is soft and the rice is cooked).
11. If desired, shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese can be sprinkled on top of casserole the last 15 mins of baking.
20 min prep
1 1/2 hours total
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole Reviews
20 min prep 1 1/2 hours total [I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 1 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 22 hours, 57 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven