15 people want to try | 18 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Summer Berry Pie"
1. For the crust, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a large bowl. Transfer to a pie crust and pat into place using the smooth bottom of a round glass or measuring cup. Preheat oven to 400ºF. While the oven is preheating, chill the crust in the refrigerator. Bake the crust for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Puree 3 1/2 cups of the berries in a food processor until very smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small saucepan, pressing on the seeds to extract as much puree as possible (you should have and 2 1/2 cups)
3. Whisk the sugar, cornstarch and salt together. Whisk this mixture into the puree. Bring the puree to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Cook until it is as thick as pudding, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Melt the jelly in a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave (30 seconds should do it). Gently toss the berries with the melted jelly.
5. Pour the cooled filling into the pie crust. Top with the coated berries, arranging artistically as desired. Cover loosely and refrigerate until the filling is set, about 3 hours. Serve with whip cream if desired and enjoy!