Ready in 1 hour
This is one of my favorite ways of cooking chicken in the oven, and, it's the only use I have for granulated garlic. I think it's worth while to keep it in my spice cupboard though, because this dish is a winner. The tartness of the lemon, along with the garlic flavor, and just a touch of heat from the blacken, really kick up, what could turn out to be just another baked chicken meal. Just be careful not to use too much blacken, because the flavors will it will take over the dish.
Butt Kickin' Blacken contains neither salt, nor sugar. If you choose to use a different seasoning blend you'll probably have to adjust the salt in this recipe. It is available at: http://www.capnrons.com/index.html?ID=BO
For additional instructional pictures, please visit: http://www.capnrons.com/R_M_Lemon_Garlic_Chicken.html?ID=BO
"Cooked this for me & my man .. We both LOVED it .. The lemon & garlic mix soooo well together ( mind u I don't cook ) & we ate all of it & still wanted more .. "- NicholeGriffen
268 people want to try | 350 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Oven Baked, Lemon / Garlic Chicken"
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare a sheet pan (jelly roll pan) by covering with aluminum foil, adding a rack, then spraying the rack with cooking spray. Don't forget to do this, or you'll end up with a MAJOR cleaning problem, or you might just end up throwing the pan away.
2. Wash the chicken, dry, then place, skin side up, on the rack in the pan. Drizzle the juice of about 1/2 a lemon over the chicken. Dust with the spices, and place in the oven.
3. Cook for 45 minutes, then flip the chicken over, drizzle more lemon on top, then spice again.
4. Cook another 45 minutes, then flip, drizzle with lemon juice, add garlic and a little more of the blacken.
5. Cook for an additional 15 minutes of so, until the skin is mice and crisp. Drizzle with lemon juice one more time as you take it out of the oven.
6. Total cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken and the temperature.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
WE_ARE_MONSTERS 3 months ago
dgmacintyre 3 months agoEasy & tasty. Followed recipe exactly. I was afraid I would dry out the meat due to the long cooking time, but it was delicious. Thanks!
monalee88 4 months agolove it very simple
so1731 1 year agoGreat recipe ! Also used a little garlic salt and lemon pepper . Will definitely make this again.
Wolfen87 1 year agoI would like to try this it looks good
NicholeGriffen 2 years agoCooked this for me & my man .. We both LOVED it .. The lemon & garlic mix soooo well together ( mind u I don't cook ) & we ate all of it & still wanted more ..
CapnRon 3 years ago[I posted this recipe.]