Hash Brown Casserole
This is a recipe that has circulated around my church in many different forms. This is my favorite version. Warning it is not a diet food. The buttery corn flakes add a nice texture to the dish.
"This is the same basic recipe I use. Awesome with holiday ham. I also partially thaw potatoes first. Use cream of celery soup (mushroom-haters in family) which adds a nice taste. "- Lynn1775
69 people want to try | 124 have favorited
Hash Brown Casserole Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, minced onion, sharp cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
3. Bake covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter.
5. Uncover casserole and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes making sure not to burn the corn flakes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Hash Brown Casserole Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven