Scott's Famous Bolognese Sauce
If you have never made red sauce before, this is very easy to make. This recipe came from my co-workers mother who was born in Italy. I have tweaked over the years. It's very think and is great over pasta, rice or even on a roll as a Italian sloppy joe.
Yield: 8 Servings Ready in 2 hours, 30 minutes
12 people trying soon
|84 ozCrushed Peeled Italian Style tomatoes|
|3 sticksCelery; Washed, Chopped|
|3 largeCarrots; Peeled,Chopped|
|1 largeOnion; Chopped|
|3 clovesGarlic; Crushed|
|1 lbsGround Beef|
|1 lbssweet Italian Sausage; casings removed|
|1 cupDry White Wine; YES White not red, and use a GOOD white wine.|
|Fresh Parsley; chopped|
|Salt and pepper; to taste|
|2 - 3 Tablespoons Olive oil|
Scott's Famous Bolognese Sauce Preparation
In a large, heavy bottom pot:
1. Sauté Onion, Carrots and Celery in olive oil with salt and pepper until translucent.
2. Add ground beef and sausage and cook until brown.
3. Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add Tomatoes, White Wine and Fresh Parsley.
5. Simmer to at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally with a heavy wooden spoon.
6. Adjust salt and pepper.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Scott's Famous Bolognese Sauce Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
2 years, 12 months, 1 days, 1 hours, 47 minutes ago