Spicy Feel-Good Jambalaya
|3 tablespoonsOlive Oil|
|3 Garlic Cloves; minced|
|1 1/2 cupsOnion; diced|
|2 cupsCelery; chopped|
|1 cupGreen Pepper; chopped|
|1 3/4 cupsCanned Tomatoes; Diced|
|4 tablespoonsTomato Paste|
|4 cupsChicken Broth|
|1 teaspoonRed Pepper Flakes; optional if you don't like spicy|
|1 Bay Leaf|
|1 teaspoonTabasco Sauce; optional|
|1 cupPearl Barley|
|1 cupHam; cooked and chopped|
|2 medium(4 oz each); cooked and cubed|
|12 ozShrimp; large, cooked|
|24 Black Olives; optional|
Spicy Feel-Good Jambalaya Preparation
1. Dice and cook the chicken in a frying pan on medium-low heat, until just no longer pink
2. Heat Oil in large soup pot
3. Saute Garlic, Onion, Celery and Green Pepper until just beginning to brown
4. Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chicken broth, thyme, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, salt & pepper, tabasco sauce and pearl barley. Stir and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Add chicken, ham, shrimp and olives, and simmer another 5 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Spicy Feel-Good Jambalaya Reviews
Avoid overcooking the chicken, make sure you cook it on low and remove from heat as soon as it is no longer pink.
[I posted this recipe.]
2 years, 11 months, 4 weeks, 15 hours, 36 minutes ago