Ready in 45 minutes
"The local Mexican market has thin sliced flank steak (Milanesa) on sale quite frequently. This is an excellent way to use some of that bargain meat. I marinate the meat in a bit of red wine and tomato paste to tenderize and add flavor."- promfh
* Preheat oven to 350.
* Place the spinach in a saucepan with just the water that clings to the leaves. Cover and cook over medium heat until wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and press out excess moisture with the back of a spoon.
* Combine the spinach, bread crumbs, Parmesan, oil, and garlic in a food processor and puree until thick and smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
* Peel, core, and seed the roasted peppers. Cut them in half.
* Open the steak on a work surface, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the proscuitto in one layer on the steak. Top with a layer of the roasted peppers. Then spread the spinach mixture over them, and sprinkle them with the minced cherry pepper.
* Starting with a long side, roll the steak up, jelly-roll style. Tie it with a string at 2-inch intervals, and brush with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place the steak in a shallow roasting pan.
* Bake 40 minutes for medium-rare. Cool slightly, or to room temperature (recommended), before slicing and serving.
Preparation Time: 1 1/2 Hours
Mistikaldarkhope 1 year agoTasted good. It seemed like a lot of work.
luvnmy3boys 2 years agoI used bacon instead of Proscuitto since thats what i had on hand I thought it was very good loved it
respekt 2 years agoThis dish is fantastic for entertaining, tastes as good as it looks. This picture doesn't do it justice. Try it you won,t be sorry!
Heatherferg 2 years agoMy 'chief taste tester' says I can make this again. We both enjoyed it very much. The only difference with it was I used bacon instead of proscuitto.
promfh 3 years agoThe local Mexican market has thin sliced flank steak (Milanesa) on sale quite frequently. This is an excellent way to use some of that bargain meat. I marinate the meat in a bit of red wine and tomato paste to tenderize and add flavor.
dlongenderfer 3 years agoPreparation Time: 1 1/2 Hours [I posted this recipe.]