Spicy Lamb & Potato Stew
|200 gramsLamb fillet|
|1 tablespoonOlive oil|
|1/2 Onion; finely chopped|
|1 Bay leaf|
|1 Chill; seeded & finely chopped|
|1/2 teaspoonGround Coriander|
|1/2 teaspoonGround Cumin|
|1/4 teaspoonGround tumeric|
|1/4 teaspoonChilli powder|
|1 canChopped tomatoes|
|200 mililitersChicken Stock|
|1 largePotato; cut into 1" chunks|
|Fresh Coriander - chopped; to garnish|
Spicy Lamb & Potato Stew Preparation
1. Remove any visable fat from the lamb and cut into 1" cubes
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry onion, bay leaves, chilli and garlic for 5 minutes
3. Add the meat and cook for about 6 - 8 minutes until lightly browned
4. Add the ground coriander, ground cumin, ground tumeric, chilli powder and salt and cook for for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring all the time to prevent spices from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
5. Add the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
6. Add the potatoes and cook for a further 30 - 40 mins or until the meat is tender.
7. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve with chappatis
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Spicy Lamb & Potato Stew Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 12 hours, 51 minutes ago