Bulgur With Swiss Chard, Chickpeas, and Feta
|1 cupbulgur (medium or coarse grade); do not use red|
|Salt to taste|
|1/4 cupextra virgin olive oil|
|1 poundSwiss chard; heavy stems removed, washed well|
|4 largegarlic cloves; finely chopped|
|1 canchickpeas; 15 oz; drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)|
|1/4 cupchopped fresh parsley|
|Freshly ground black pepper to taste|
Bulgur With Swiss Chard, Chickpeas, and Feta Preparation
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the bulgur and salt to taste, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and uncover. Place a clean dish towel over the pan, then replace the lid. Allow to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 2-quart baking dish. Toss the cooked bulgur with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread in the baking dish in an even layer.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add the garlic and sauté until chard is just soft, approx 5-10 min. Chop coarsely and transfer to a bowl.
4. Add the remaining olive oil, chickpeas and parsley to the chard. Season with salt and pepper, and toss together.
5. Lay the chard mixture over the bulgur. Top with the feta, and gently push the feta cheese down into this mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until sizzling. Serve hot.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Bulgur With Swiss Chard, Chickpeas, and Feta Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: