10 people want to try | 9 have favorited
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the bulgur and salt to taste, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and uncover. Place a clean dish towel over the pan, then replace the lid. Allow to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 2-quart baking dish. Toss the cooked bulgur with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread in the baking dish in an even layer.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add the garlic and sauté until chard is just soft, approx 5-10 min. Chop coarsely and transfer to a bowl.
4. Add the remaining olive oil, chickpeas and parsley to the chard. Season with salt and pepper, and toss together.
5. Lay the chard mixture over the bulgur. Top with the feta, and gently push the feta cheese down into this mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until sizzling. Serve hot.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
katemckay 3 years agoReconstituted bulgur keeps well in the refrigerator for three or four days and can be frozen. Reheat in the oven (350 degrees for 20 minutes), in a pan on top of the stove or in the microwave. Steamed chard will keep for three days in the refrigerator. You can assemble the dish several hours before baking. Cover and chill if holding for more than an hour. [I posted this recipe.]