|Good olive oil|
|1 French bread or boule; small; cut into 1-inch cube|
|1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/|
|1 pintcherry or grape tomatoes; halved|
|1/2 red onion; sliced in half rounds|
|1/2 poundfeta cheese, cut in 1/2-inch cubes|
|1/2 cupcalamata olives; pitted|
|For the vinaigrette:|
|2 clovesGarlic; minced|
|1 teaspoondried oregano|
|1/2 teaspoonDijon mustard|
|1/4 cupgood red wine vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 cupgood olive oil|
Greek Panzanella Preparation
1. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the bread cubes and sprinkle with salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes, until nicely browned. Add more olive oil as needed.
2. Place the cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper in a small bowl. (for the vinaigrette)
4. While still whisking, add the olive oil and make an emulsion.
5. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
6. Add the feta, olives and bread cubes and mix together lightly.
Set aside for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Greek Panzanella Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
2 years, 12 months, 2 days, 21 hours, 33 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven