Surprise in a Biscuit
"My kids claim this to be one of the best things they've ever eaten."
"My nieces loved making these delicious, easy to prepare biscuits. Our entire family loved eating them. Next time I may soften the filling by sauteing the apple pieces, brown sugar and cinnamon in a little butter and maybe a splash of apple juice."- sgrishka
867 people want to try | 877 have favorited
Surprise in a Biscuit Preparation
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Slice biscuits horizontally. Roll biscuit halves out to almost twice their size.
3) In a small bowl, combine apple pieces, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
4) Place a heaping spoonful of apple mixture in the middle of each biscuit. Wrap biscuit around apples and pinch seam together. Place on a large baking sheet - seam side down. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and sugar.
5) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Combine powdered sugar and apple juice. Drizzle over warm biscuits.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Surprise in a Biscuit Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven