Ready in 1 hour
No words can describe this pie. As long as you like coconut...this pie is amazing!
Top-ranked recipe named "Jamaican Coconut Pie"
1. Place milk, cream, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
2. Add coconut and stir together until completely incorporated
3. Place in a greased pie pan. Cook at 350? for 40-45 minutes
1. In saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until melted
2. Add brown sugar and mix together until sugar dissolves
3. Add rum and cook for 1 minute on medium heat
Toast some additional coconut under broiler. Place a few tablespoons of warm rum sauce on the bottom of a serving plate. Place warm pie on top of sauce, top with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Caution: the rum sauce will ignite when you pour in the rum, stand back and make sure nothing flammable is close.
Best if you can cook this in a deep dish pan if possible. You would have to 1 1/2 times the recipe and cook about 20 minutes longer.
So easy to make and fabulous!