2 people want to try | 6 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Amy's Cioppino"
1.In a kettle, cook the green pepper and onion in oil over moderate heat, til softened.
2. Add tomoatoes with juice, tomato paste, wine, herbs, red pepper flakes and parsley sprig.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring. Cook at bare simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 90 minutes.
4. While the mixture is cooking, shell and devein the shrimp, halve the scallops if nec, and cut cod or halibut into chunks.
5. Add the museels, discarding any that have opened before cooking. Turn up the heat and cook about 4 minutes.
6. Add shrimp and scallops and simmer another minute or two.
7. Add Cod; ladle sauce over it or stir very gently and cook a few more minutes til fish is flaky.
8. Garnish with parsley
Can use clams instead of mussels if you prefer: about 24, cleaned
See also superb paella from Jim
Serve with salad and homemade artisan bread