Ready in 1 hour
Make restaurant-style fried ice cream at home with this simple recipe. This cool treat is perfect for parties year round!
Tip: Another recipe with the exact-same name "Fried Mexican Ice Cream" ranks higher.
1. Scoop out 5 balls of ice cream. Return to freezer.
2. Mix cornflake crumbs, cinnamon and sugar. Roll frozen ice cream balls in half of crumb mixture and freeze again.
3. Beat egg and dip coated balls in egg, then roll again in remaining crumbs. Freeze until ready to use. (For thicker coating, repeat dipping in egg and rolling in crumbs.)
4. When ready to serve, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Place 1 frozen ice cream ball in fryer basket or on perforated spoon and lower into hot oil 1 minute. Immediately remove and place in dessert dish. Drizzle with honey and top with dollop of whipped cream.
5. Continue to fry balls one at a time. Balls will be crunchy on outside and just beginning to melt inside.