Burgundy Stew with Herbed Dumplings
|2 lbsBeef, boneless, top/bottom round cut; Cut into 2.5 cm peices|
|2 cupsCarrots; Chopped|
|2 Stalks, mediumCelery; Chopped|
|1 Onion, Large; Chopped, roughly|
|14.5 Oz canTomatoes; Undrained|
|1 cupMushrooms; Sliced (canned or fresh)|
|1 cupBeef broth OR dry red wine|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsalt|
|1 teaspoonthyme leaves|
|1 teaspoondry mustard|
|1/4 teaspoonground black pepper|
|3 tablespoonsall pupose flour|
|1 1/2 cupsBisquick mix|
|1/2 teaspoonthyme leaves|
|1/4 teaspoonsage leaves; crushed|
Burgundy Stew with Herbed Dumplings Preparation
1. Combine all stew ingredients save water and flour in slow cooker - cook on low 8 - 10 hours ( or on high 4 - 5 hours)
2. After 8 - 10 hours, combine water and flour, and then slowly add to beef mixture in cooker
1. Combine all dumpling ingredients in a medium bowl, adding milk until the Bisquick is just moistened.
2. Drop mix onto the top of the beef mixture in the cooker by the spoonful.
3. Set slow cooker to high, and cook 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the dumplings comes out clean.
4. Dish out and serve!
This is difficult to mess up - if you want your dumplings to be nice and fluffy, aim for something solid in the stew, like a piece of beef when you drop the dumplings in, rather than for the liquid part of the stew.
This is especially nice the next day as leftovers.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Burgundy Stew with Herbed Dumplings. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.