Beans, corn and so much more, A flavorful and satisfying combination of fresh summer vegetables. This recipe was inspired by one from Alice Waters' cookbook "The Art of Simple Food", but adjusted for a spicy flare.
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 1 hours
6 people trying soon
Verified by twojocks
|1 lbfresh cream peas; or lima beans, shelled|
|4 earssweet corn; shucked|
|1 yellow onion; diced|
|2 jalapeno peppers; finely chopped|
|1/2 lbokra; cleaned and cut into rounds|
|2 zucchini; diced|
|2 tomatoes; seeded and diced|
|2 clovesgarlic; minced|
|2 tspfresh parsley; chopped|
|2 tspfresh basil; chopped|
|2 tspfresh oregano; chopped|
1. Place the cream peas in a medium pot and cover 1 1/2" with water. Bring to a boil and salt the water if desired. The cream peas should take 15-25 minutes to become tender-- cook to your preference.
2. While the cream peas are cooking, shuck the corn and slice from the cob.
3. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion and jalepeno until the onion becomes translucent.
4. Add the zucchini and cook ~5 min until starting to brown, then add the tomatoes. Cook a few minutes to soften, then add the corn and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 1 min, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the drained and cooked beans and cook everything together for 3-4 min until the corn is cooked through. Taste and season as desired with salt, pepper, parsley, basil and oregano. Enjoy!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Yum! Also good on top of nachos as a left over, but then again, what isn't? Would definitely make this again.
2 years, 8 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 3 hours, 38 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.