Ready in 1 hour
Beans, corn and so much more, A flavorful and satisfying combination of fresh summer vegetables. This recipe was inspired by one from Alice Waters' cookbook "The Art of Simple Food", but adjusted for a spicy flare.
Tip: Another recipe with the exact-same name "Succotash" ranks higher.
1. Place the cream peas in a medium pot and cover 1 1/2" with water. Bring to a boil and salt the water if desired. The cream peas should take 15-25 minutes to become tender-- cook to your preference.
2. While the cream peas are cooking, shuck the corn and slice from the cob.
3. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion and jalepeno until the onion becomes translucent.
4. Add the zucchini and cook ~5 min until starting to brown, then add the tomatoes. Cook a few minutes to soften, then add the corn and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 1 min, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the drained and cooked beans and cook everything together for 3-4 min until the corn is cooked through. Taste and season as desired with salt, pepper, parsley, basil and oregano. Enjoy!