Sweet & Spicy Tilapia with Baby Spinach
Ready in 30 minutes or less."This is really tasty and it was so east to make too :) Two pluses in my book!! I used my homemade red pepper jelly...recipe is posted. " - Boomerman
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
75 people trying soon
Verified by cferrara
Sweet & Spicy Tilapia with Baby Spinach Preparation
1. Season fillets with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 4 to 5 min. or until tender and slightly golden; add bell pepper, cook 2 more minutes.
3. Stir in 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly and 1 tablespoon vinegar until blended.
4. Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place mixture on a plate and cover to keep warm.
5. Return skillet to medium-high heat; add butter to melt. Cook fillets 2 minutes per side (for thicker pieces reduce heat to medium and cook 1 to 3 minutes longer).
6. Remove fillets and arrange over spinach mixture. Drain juices from skillet. Return skillet to heat; add remaining jelly and vinegar; stir and heat briefly' drizzle over fish and serve.
This is a delicious recipe that is even a favorite with a 10-yr old boy!! Beautiful presentation for guests!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Sweet & Spicy Tilapia with Baby Spinach Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.