11 people want to try | 23 have favorited
This recipe can be made without a bread machine- a bread machine will only knead the ingredients, the actual dough will need to be baked in an oven. This makes a 1 1/2 loaf.
1) Add the first six ingredients to a bread machine- or a bowl if kneading manually.
2) Set the bread machine for a white bread, only using the dough stage. Add the raisins in the middle of the kneading stage and let the dough continue to knead.
3) After it is done kneading, roll it out on a floured surface in a 8X16 inch rectangle
4) mix the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small container until it is smooth. 5) Apply the mixture to the dough and roll it so that it can fit snugly into a 9 1/2 inch loaf pan.
*If you are kneading manually, add the first six ingredients to a bowl and knead manually until the dough is able to retain its shape and is stiff. Add the raisins in and allow them to distribute evenly while you are kneading. Follow the rest of the directions from step 3 on.
6) After place the rolled dough into a bread pan, place it into a warm, dry place for an hour to allow it to rise.
7) Preheat your oven to 350 and after the rising stage, bake the loaf for 25-30 minutes
8) Allow it to cool before eating :)
-When adding the ingredients, either in a bread pan or in a bowl, be careful not to let the salt come into direct contact with the yeast, because this will kill the yeast and the bread will not rise :(
- If the dough is too sticky, gradually add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until it has the right consistency.
- If the dough if too dry, gradually add one tablespoon of water until it is the right consistency.
- Be sure the bread is baked all the way through, or the middle will be very gooey
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?