Ready in 1 hour
A popular Indian delicacy. There are many variations to this recipe,can add any of the below:
Mushrooms - make sure to saute them seperately to dry the excess water content in them.
Chicken - preferably boneless, can be diced and cooked seperately before adding to the gravy.
Any other desired meat ( has to be cooked before).
28 people want to try | 43 have favorited
1. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds once they crackle add the ginger garlic chilly paste.
2. Add the chopped onions, saute, cover and cook till they turn brown, this will take about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, cover and cook till they whilt and are easy to mash, add a few drops of water to combine the sauce.
4. Add the remaining spices including salt, mix.
5. Now add the pureed spinach, allow it cook for about 3 minutes to avoid the gravy from being too liquidy.
6. Add the chopped cottage cheese, cover and cook for about 2 minutes to blend the flavours, this will also soften the cheese, improving the taste.
Add 2 tspn of milk when adding the pureed spinach, this will make the dish creamy.
Cook the gravy for a minute longer else the gravy could be too liquidy and runny.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?