Palak Paneer (Spinach and Cottage Cheese)
A popular Indian delicacy. There are many variations to this recipe,can add any of the below:
Mushrooms - make sure to saute them seperately to dry the excess water content in them.
Chicken - preferably boneless, can be diced and cooked seperately before adding to the gravy.
Any other desired meat ( has to be cooked before).
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 40 minutes
favorite of 30 people 23 people want to try
|2 bunchesSpinach; blanched and pureed|
|250 gramsCottage Cheese; Cut in cubes|
|1 cloveGarlic; bruised|
|1 inchGinger; crushed|
|3 slicesGreen chillies; crushed|
|1 tbspnCumin Seeds|
|1 tspnCorriander Powder|
|1 tspnGaram Masala|
|1 tspnSalt; adjust as per taste|
|1 tspnRed Chilly powder; optional depending on spicy|
|1 largeOnion; chooped|
|1 largeTomato; chopped|
Palak Paneer (Spinach and Cottage Cheese) Preparation
1. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds once they crackle add the ginger garlic chilly paste.
2. Add the chopped onions, saute, cover and cook till they turn brown, this will take about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, cover and cook till they whilt and are easy to mash, add a few drops of water to combine the sauce.
4. Add the remaining spices including salt, mix.
5. Now add the pureed spinach, allow it cook for about 3 minutes to avoid the gravy from being too liquidy.
6. Add the chopped cottage cheese, cover and cook for about 2 minutes to blend the flavours, this will also soften the cheese, improving the taste.
Add 2 tspn of milk when adding the pureed spinach, this will make the dish creamy.
Cook the gravy for a minute longer else the gravy could be too liquidy and runny.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Palak Paneer (Spinach and Cottage Cheese) Reviews
One of my favorite delicacies.
1 years, 2 months, 12 hours, 53 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: