106 people want to try | 129 have favorited
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners.
3. Whisk or sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and espresso powder (optional) until smooth.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix.
5. Divide the batter among the cupcake liners until each cup is 2/3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, slice off the top 1/3 of each cupcake and slather with frosting and sliced strawberries. Place the top of the cupcake back on top and add additional frosting and sliced strawberries. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
1. Combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Beat on medium-high speed until combined. With the mixer running, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until the desired buttercream consistency.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Lufluf 9 months agoThis is absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!
christalong 1 year agoAm I missing something here? The main ingredient is strawberries however it is not listed in the ingredients list. Please fix the ingredients list for this recipe
navyemily 2 years agoso very tasty!
navyemily 2 years agoSo easy to make and delicious!