Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes (Vegan)
Incredibly moist and decadent cupcakes. Yes, they are vegan but you would NEVER know it by the taste! A must try.
Yield: 12 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
96 people trying soon
Verified by twojocks
|1.5 cupsall-purpose flour|
|1/3 cupunsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 teaspoonbaking soda|
|1 cupcoconut milk|
|1/2 cupvegetable oil|
|2 tablespoonsapple cider vinegar|
|2 teaspoonsvanilla extract|
|1 teaspooninstant espresso powder; (optional)|
|4 cupsconfectioners' sugar; (preferably organic)|
|1/2 cupmargarine; (or refined coconut oil at room temperature)|
|1 tablespoonvanilla extract|
|sliced strawberries; (amount to your liking)|
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes (Vegan) Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners.
3. Whisk or sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and espresso powder (optional) until smooth.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix.
5. Divide the batter among the cupcake liners until each cup is 2/3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, slice off the top 1/3 of each cupcake and slather with frosting and sliced strawberries. Place the top of the cupcake back on top and add additional frosting and sliced strawberries. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
1. Combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Beat on medium-high speed until combined. With the mixer running, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until the desired buttercream consistency.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes (Vegan) Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.