Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Vegan Cupcakes
Verified by twojocks
|1/3 cupunsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 tspbaking soda|
|1 cupcoconut milk|
|1/2 cupvegetable oil|
|2 tbspapple cider vinegar|
|2 tspvanilla extract|
|1 tspespresso powder|
|1.5 cupshulled and sliced strawberries|
|4 cupsconfectioners sugar|
|1/2 cuprefined coconut oil|
|1 tbspvanilla extract|
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Vegan Cupcakes Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. Sift or whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and espresso powder until smooth.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix with a fork or small whisk.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cupcake liners until each cup is 2/3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, slice off the top 1/3 of each cupcake and slather with frosting and sliced strawberries. Place the top of the cupcake back on top and add an additional bit of frosting and sliced strawberries. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
. Combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Beat on medium-high speed until combined. With the mixer running, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until the desired buttercream consistency.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Vegan Cupcakes. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.