Turkey with Kale and Squash Stuffing
Verified by stevemur
|10 slicesMulti-grain Bread; Cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|1 cupOnion; Chopped|
|1 cupCelery; Chopped|
|4 cupsKale; Fresh, Chopped|
|1.5 lbsButternut Squash; Peeled, Seeded, Cubed|
|2 tbspSage; Fresh, Finely Chopped|
|1/2 tspBlack Pepper; Coarsely Ground|
|1/2 cupAlmonds; Chopped, Smoke-flavoured|
|1 canChicken Broth|
Turkey with Kale and Squash Stuffing Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread bread cubes on bottom of large shallow baking pan. Bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and dried, stirring occasionally.
2. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Stir in kale and squash. Cover; cook 6 minutes, or until kale wilts, stirring occasionally. Stir in sage, salt and pepper.
3. Combine bread cubes and vegetable mixture, almonds and broth in large bowl.
4. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey. Refrigerate for another use or discard.
5. Drain juices from turkey; pat dry with paper towels.
6. Fill neck cavity with part of the stuffing. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey. Fill body cavity completely with stuffing.
7. Place turkey, breast up, on flat roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Spray turkey with cooking spray.
8. Bake 4 to 4-1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 165°F when inserted in center of stuffing and 180°F when inserted in deepest part of thigh. Cover breast and tops of drumsticks with aluminum foil after 2-1/2 hours to prevent overcooking of breast.
9. Let stand 15 minutes before removing stuffing and carving.
If desired, before placing turkey in oven, loosen skin from breast by carefully working fingers under skin over breast. Place several whole sage leaves on breast under skin. Secure edge of skin with wooden picks.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Turkey with Kale and Squash Stuffing. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.