Ready in 45 minutes
This is the most simple pumpkin recipe I have ever come across. You can make them into a bread, muffins or even cookies (cooking times will vary). Because there is no eggs, oil/butter, salt, etc this is perfect if you're on a diet.
"Holy WOW!! I cannot believe how easy these were to make!! I added a little milk to the mixture because I like a moist muffin... I also added some cinnamon and nutmeg too... I put raisins into the first dozen and semi sweet chocolate chips in the second dozen... These turned out fantastic!! Really moist and tasty! I only wish I had a better idea of how much nutmeg I should've put in cuz they are a little strong in the nutmeg department, but on the other hand, I love spicy!! I am wowed and I'm hoping my hubby will be too;)"- Kofletch
337 people want to try | 393 have favorited
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 C).
2. Mix Canned pumpkin with favorite cake mix. ( Try different types of cake mixes for a different flavor. I have used white, spice and even the halloween funfetti mix and they have all been great. (I'm sure chocolate and yellow would work fine as well).
3. This is the fun part. Add in whatever you want to the mix. I like to add dark chocolate chips, walnuts, 1, tbsp of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. Some people in my family like raisins, white chocolate, pumpkin pie spice, the list goes on. Its easy to make these to everyone's liking. If you feel like being lazy just throw it in the oven with out adding anything to the mix, they will still be good.
4. Add mixture to a greased muffin pan (about 20-23 minutes). 9 x 13 greased Loaf pan (about 25-30 mins.) You can even roll them into cookies on a greased baking pan ( about 14-16 mins.) Cooking times will vary so check for doneness with toothpick.
5. Because I like my muffins on the moist side I will add about 1/3 cup water to the mixture. Just mix and match until you get the perfect turnout. Its such an economical recipe you cant go wrong.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
thewett 1 weeks agoDo you really have to add eggs and oil?
Jeanwgriffin 2 weeks agoMust add the eggs, oil, and water that the cake calls for or it will be too dense and rubbery.
Valerie411 2 months agoShould there be any adjustments for high altitude? After about an hour in the oven it still ended up gooey. The taste was good though
duffy469 6 months agoSo freaking easy and tasty when using spice cake mix. May want to add nuts to add texture. All you men out there........impress the woman in your life with your baking skills but don't divulge the secret recipe.
vden471 1 year agoTerrific muffins. Very moist
Xistine 1 year agoGreat!!! Easy, inexpensive, delicious like a muffin, without all the calories and fat!
Rmorrow75 1 year agoI used to make these all the time & couldn't remember the temp & times. I was happy to find the recipe & they turned out nice & moist. Also liked the extra add in tips. I made mine with banana cake mix & the kids love the
gailcook 1 year agoWow! Moist and yummy...even better the next day !
Kofletch 1 year agoHoly WOW!! I cannot believe how easy these were to make!! I added a little milk to the mixture because I like a moist muffin... I also added some cinnamon and nutmeg too... I put raisins into the first dozen and semi sweet chocolate chips in the second dozen... These turned out fantastic!! Really moist and tasty! I only wish I had a better idea of how much nutmeg I should've put in cuz they are a little strong in the nutmeg department, but on the other hand, I love spicy!! I am wowed and I'm hoping my hubby will be too;)
Ttate8 2 years agoThese are pretty good for a quick cookie but a warning to bakers, these do NOT spread at all so if you roll them into balls, they will remain balls in cooked form. I made them with spice cake mix, raisins and nuts. Good flavor but I still don't know how 'diet' these are. 4 stars for flavor
KathrynA80 2 years agoI love these. Super easy to make and so delicious! They're also very versatile with the flavors and add-ins. If you want muffins, but don't want to spend an hour or more making them, or don't have all the right ingredients, these are definitely for you!