Declassified Top Secret Oatmeal Cookies
Verified by dtbh4t
|2 CupsDark Brown Sugar; Packed|
|1/2 CupButter (unsalted); Room temp (Soft)|
|2 LargeEggs; Room temp|
|1 3/4 CupAP Flour|
|1/2 CupButterscotch Chips|
|1/2 CupChocolate Chips|
|3 CupsRolled Oats; (instant or old fashioned)|
|1 PacketAlpine Spiced Apple Cider Drink Mix|
|1 tspBaking powder|
Declassified Top Secret Oatmeal Cookies Preparation
The chocolate chips & butterscotch complements each other nicely giving the cookie depth and the cider plays background to the oatmeal keeping people guessing what's in there that makes them so good.
1. Turn oven on to 350-370 deg Fahrenheit.
2. Cream: Butter, shortening, brown sugar, vanilla, and spiced apple cider mix in a stand mixer. Then add 1 egg, once you can no longer see the first egg, put in the second.
3. Sift flour, salt and baking soda together then reduce mixer speed to mix and add to mixer in 3 or 4 installments (to avoid dusting the kitchen). Once flour is completely integrated add oatmeal. Scrape down the sides as needed.
4. Once oatmeal is fully integrated stop mixer and hand mix in the chips with a spatula.
5. Using a #30 disher (black) (approximately 2-1/2 tablespoons) place 6 evenly spaced cookie dough balls on parchment paper lined half sheet cookie pans. Allow to cool and enjoy, if you can resist, warm cookies are best. ;-)
Cook for 18-20 min or until the center is just about 1/2 the height higher as the outside edge is.
Remember, if they look done on top they are over cooked on the bottom. Cookies will be soft when removed, but the bottom should be stiffer.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Declassified Top Secret Oatmeal Cookies. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.