Lacey's Thanksgiving Turkey Tips
Over several years of being in charge of cooking our family turkey, I have some suggestions that work really well! I hope you find some ideas for your own thanksgiving tradition.
Yield: Servings Ready in 45 minutes
32 people trying soon
Lacey's Thanksgiving Turkey Tips Preparation
1. I always inject my turkey with a mixture of butter, honey, and lemon. a good mix is 1c. butter, 1 c. honey, 1/3 c. lemon - adjust for sweeter or more citrus flavor; above measurements are for a large turkey. (>20 lbs.)
2. Solve the problem of dry stuffing by using both the cavity of the bird and stuffing in between the breast and skin. This is not difficult - put your hand between the skin and meat and gently form a pocket. The skin will remained attached at the center line of the bird. The new cavity above either breast will hold a lot of stuffing, at least doubling the amount you can cook with the bird. This will also make the breast meat very moist and well seasoned.
3. Use fresh herbs in your stuffing! There is no substitute for fresh rosemary, sage and thyme.
4. Use a 1:1 mixture of chardonnay and chicken stock in for liquid in your stuffing, along with butter.
5. Consider granny smith apples, sausage, oninon, and celery for additions to your stuffing. I prefer cubed style bread.
6. When making gravy, always add flour to your drippings and brown the flour mixture first, only after this is thickened should you add chicken broth. Also, consider adding cream of mushroom soup to make the gravy stretch.
Please let me know what you think!!!! I appreciate your input.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Lacey's Thanksgiving Turkey Tips Reviews
I posted this receipe.
2 years, 6 months, 3 weeks, 1 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes ago