Cream Of Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
Just one serving of this creamy soup contains 1 serving of vegetables, 1 serving of milk, 4 grams of fiber, 17 grams of protein, and more than a day's supply of Vitamin C. One serving equals just 2 Weight Watcher's points. It can also be made to fit a Zone 40-30-30 diet plan*.
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 40 minutes
4 people trying soon
Cream Of Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup Preparation
1. Combine broth, broccoli/cauliflower mixture (save about 1/3 cup of broccoli for later!), garlic in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for about 10 minutes until veggies are tender.
2. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
3. Steam the remaining 1/3 cup of broccoli in the microwave. Finely chop.
4. In the saucepan, melt the margarine. Mix in pepper. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thick and bubbling.
5. Add the pureed soup and broccoli to milk mixture and heat to serving tempurature.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings, about 1 cup each. Serving size may vary based on cooking times.
1 serving= 2 Weight Watcher''''s Points
2 servings= 5.5 Weight Watcher''''s Points
**Note that although the protein powder is optional, it is included in the nutrition information. Without protein powder: calories= 114, protein= 8g
* To make this recipe fit a zone 40-30-30 diet plan, simply reduce the protein powder to 20 grams and add 2 tsp of olive oil. calories= 151, fat= 5 g, protein= 12.6 g, net carbs= 11 g
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Cream Of Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
2 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, 6 hours, 24 minutes ago