Red Beans and Rice
Red Beans and Rice Preparation
1. Preheat sauté pan on medium for 2-3 minutes. Add oil and swirl to coat.
2. Add onion, pepper and garlic; sauté for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
3. While sautéing vegetables, heat 1 1/4 cups of the water on high in covered saucepan. Bring to a boil.
4. In sauté pan stir in kidney beans (undrained), remaining cup of water, oregano, vinegar and Goya seasoning; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice has cooked.
5. Check water in saucepan. When boiling, add rice, stir, cover and reduce heat to medium-low for 10 minutes. Serve beans over rice.
Return to Top
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Red Beans and Rice. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven