Ready in 45 minutes
This basically you're run of the mill rum ball recipe. But I call it surprise because I use whatever is in the cabinet, and never adhere to the suggested amount. This recipe will make up to 4 dozen depending on how big you make them.
7 people want to try | 10 have favorited
You're basically making a brownie, adding alcohol, and shaping the balls.
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
* In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, light brown sugar, vanilla & salt.
* In a large metal or glass bowl combine the butter & chocolate. Set over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring occasionally as the mixture melts.
* Whisk the melted chocolate into the egg mixture.
* Stir in the flour.
* Spray a 12" x 17" rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
* Pour in the batter. Use a spatula to smooth it evenly.
* Bake for 10 minutes (depending on your oven).
* Remove pan to let mixture cool.
* Break up the brownie pieces into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (I user my food processor) and add in the rum. Mix until smooth dough like texture.
* Scoop out the dough by the tablespoon & roll into a ball.
If you think you're going to heavy hand the alcohol you may have to adjust the recipe. If you add to much liquid the balls will be harder to shape.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Chocolate 'Surprise' Balls. Be the first to review it!