Brussels Sprouts with Panchetta
Brussels Sprouts with Panchetta Preparation
Pre-heat oven to 350
1. Slice sprouts into strips (can be cut into halfs if you prefer)
2. cut Panchetta (or bacon) into thin strips
3. In a cast iron or other oven proof skillet add the olive oil and crisp the panchetta
4. Once the panchetta is crisp add the sprouts and stir fry
5. When the sprouts are al dente add the salt and pepper
6. Transfer the skillet from the stove to the hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes until brown on top
7. Add a little more salt and pepper before serving
An alternate preperation:
In step 2 add some shallots
In step 4 add some apple roughly chopped
Another alternate is to skip step 6 and serve directly from the stir fry if you prefer crisp vegetables
Really great Summer side dish, add the shallots and apples for a Fall flavor.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Brussels Sprouts with Panchetta. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.