Cream Cheese Cookies
Cream Cheese Cookies Preparation
1. Cream shortening and cheese until soft.
2. Add sugar gradually, continuing to cream until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolk and orange extract; beat well.
4. Sift flour and salt together; add in 3 additions; beat well after each addition.
5. Chill dough 10 minutes.
6. Pack into "Wear-Ever Cookie Gun"; make into desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 7-10 minutes in hot oven (375 degrees)
8. Yield: 5 dozen when dial is set between thin and medium.
Chocolate: substitute 3 T. cocoa for 3 T. flour; add 1/4 tsp. soda and vanilla.
"These are crisp and have an unusual flavor. Excellent recipe for colored cookies."
Special Christmas cookies mom made every year.l
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Cream Cheese Cookies. Be the first to review it!