Ready in 45 minutes
A clone of Boston Market's meat loaf
"Rich, moist meat loaf made with savory seasonings and covered with zesty hickory barbecue sauce" America' Most Wanted Recipes. This meat loaf is perfect for people who don't like onions and peppers in their meat loaf-like me! It however is the most delicious meat loaf ever!!!
"The flavor was very good and a nice switch up from the traditional meatloaf. For me, my meatloaf in a glass loaf pan got too hardened on the bottom and the end pieces were a bit dark - not burned. Next time I make this, and I will make it again, the last 30 minutes I will lower to 375.
1,251 people want to try | 1,802 have favorited
1, Preheat the oven to 400 F
2. In a large bowl, stir together the ketchup, bbq sauce and the sugar; set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture.
3. With your hands, mix in the remaining ingredients.
4. Form the mixture into a loaf and placed into a greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. (If you don't have a loaf pan, that's ok - I use a rectangular pan and that works fine)
5. Bake, COVERED, for 30 mins.
6. Uncover and drain the fat from the pan, then slice the meat loaf while still in the pan.
7. Drizzle the reserved tomato sauce mixture evenly over the meat loaf. (The reserved amount of sauce is not enough for us-I make more sauce while meatloaf is cooking so that every slice has sauce on the top and so that the sauce runs down into between the slices).
8. Bake, UNCOVERED, for an additional 30 mins or until cooked thoroughly.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
rachelfelsenrichards 2 weeks agoI made this last night and it was yummy! I sliced jalepenos and pushed them into the meat before cooking. Also I added spicey brown mustard to the ketchup mixture. Other than that I followed the recipe as stated. I would make it again.
nicolewarner1 1 month agoMy family enjoyed it, but I do not believe I will use the same recipe next time.
mariannebonannomeyer 1 month agoWe all loved it.
passionateone 3 months ago
jmbrow9 4 months agoCheap, quick, and tasty. That's a win in my book!
bettyluna83 5 months agoThis was great! Juicy too.
nicolewarner1 5 months agoIt was okay not the best.
mirandasimpson 6 months agoFlavorless
dawiley 7 months agoMy husband hates meatloaf but he LOVES this recipe. It is delicious and very easy to make.
passionateone 9 months agoIt was okay not a big fan of meatloaf buy it was a little plain
JohnnyRaved 10 months agodelicious! Easy and quick.
kellieprincekealiher 10 months ago
cjbeavers78 10 months ago
cookinggirl20 10 months ago
serenapage 10 months agoIt had good flavor but it turned out as 'meat soup' in my husband's words. I even used more meat to offset some of the sauce
mlesher1 11 month ago
Pa2blee 11 month agoThis was a great meatloaf. I did exactly as the instructions said and cut into slices half way through cooking time. Came out great! Will definitely prepare again! Thanks!
erika95 12 months agoIt turned out mushy.
AESG 1 year agoI used whole wheat flour and added 1/2 tp of Italian seasoning to regular bread crumbs. It seemed kind of bland to me. Baked it at 375 degrees for 70 minutes.
Plgibone 1 year agoFamily totally enjoys this meatloaf every time I make it!