Best Ever Meat Loaf
A clone of Boston Market's meat loaf
"Rich, moist meat loaf made with savory seasonings and covered with zesty hickory barbecue sauce" America' Most Wanted Recipes. This meat loaf is perfect for people who don't like onions and peppers in their meat loaf-like me! It however is the most delicious meat loaf ever!!!"The flavor was very good and a nice switch up from the traditional meatloaf. For me, my meatloaf in a glass loaf pan got too hardened on the bottom and the end pieces were a bit dark - not burned. Next time I make this, and I will make it again, the last 30 minutes I will lower to 375. " - Jenibop
Yield: 5 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 1,435 people 1,021 people want to try
Verified by SunnyJF
Best Ever Meat Loaf Preparation
1, Preheat the oven to 400 F
2. In a large bowl, stir together the ketchup, bbq sauce and the sugar; set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture.
3. With your hands, mix in the remaining ingredients.
4. Form the mixture into a loaf and placed into a greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. (If you don't have a loaf pan, that's ok - I use a rectangular pan and that works fine)
5. Bake, COVERED, for 30 mins.
6. Uncover and drain the fat from the pan, then slice the meat loaf while still in the pan.
7. Drizzle the reserved tomato sauce mixture evenly over the meat loaf. (The reserved amount of sauce is not enough for us-I make more sauce while meatloaf is cooking so that every slice has sauce on the top and so that the sauce runs down into between the slices).
8. Bake, UNCOVERED, for an additional 30 mins or until cooked thoroughly.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Best Ever Meat Loaf Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven