Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti
Verified by stevemur
|1 tablespoonolive oil|
|1 largeyellow onion|
|3/4 teaspoonkosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoonblack pepper|
|1 poundlean ground beef|
|3 clovesgarlic; minced|
|1/2 cupfresh oregano; chopped|
|26 ouncespasta sauce|
|1/2 cupparmesan cheese; grated|
|10 ouncesfrozen spinach; thawed and drained|
|1 cupmozzarella; grated|
Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti Preparation
1. Cook ziti according to the package instructions.
2. Heat oven to 400.
3. In a large pot, over med-low heat, heat the oil. Add onion, salt & pepper. Cover & cook until the onion is softened, 5-7 minutes. Add the beef, increase heat to med-high, and cook until no trace of pink remains, 5-8 minutes. Drain any remaining liquid.
4. Add the garlic & oregano (if using) and cook for 2 minutes. Add the pasta sauce & heat for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
5. Add the parmesan, ricotta & spinach and toss again. Spread the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish or individual ramekins and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
6. Bake until the mozzarella melts, about 15 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti Reviews
Good weeknight dish. I used less spinach
1 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 5 hours, 1 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.