Skyline Chili Copycat
No visit to Dayton, Ohio is complete without a trip to the Skyline Chilli. This tasty chilli is served on hot dogs or spaghetti and topped with shredded cheese, onions and even oyster crackers."I thought this recipe was very close to the original. I will definitely make this again." - smarshall62
Yield: 12 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
21 people trying soon
Verified by twojocks
|2 poundsground beef|
|2 cupschopped onions|
|4 cupsbeef stock|
|2 8 oz. canstomato sauce|
|2-3 tablespoonschilli powder|
|2 tablespoonsapple cider vinegar|
|2 teaspoonsworcestershire sauce|
|2 3/4 tablespoonscocoa|
|2 teaspoonsinstant minced garlic|
|1 teaspoonground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoonground cumin|
|1/2 teaspoonground red pepper|
|1/4 teaspoonground allspice|
|1/4 teaspoonground cloves|
|1 bay leaf|
|finely shredded cheese|
Skyline Chili Copycat Preparation
1. Brown ground beef and onion.
3. Add beef stock to beef mixture and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add remaining 13 incredients, simer uncovered for 1 hour.
5. Remove bay leaf, skim off extra fat.
6. Serve over hot spaghetti, or hot dogs in buns for chilli dogs.
7. Top with plenty of cheese and other optional toppings.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Skyline Chili Copycat Reviews
3 months, 3 weeks, 6 hours, 28 minutes ago
I thought this recipe was very close to the original. I will definitely make this again.
1 years, 2 weeks, 19 hours, 46 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.