Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Feta and Sundried Tomatoes
Italian style chicken breast stuffed with feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes served atop angel hair pasta and marinara sauce.
Wine Pairing: Chianti or Sangiovese
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 40 minutes
23 people trying soon
Verified by SunnyJF
|4 BreastsChicken Breasts; boneless / skinless|
|1/2 CupOlive Oil|
|1 1/2 CupsPanko Breadcrumbs|
|2 tablespoonsFresh Sweet Basil; Minced|
|1/2 teaspoonFresh Sage; Minced|
|1/2 teaspoonFresh Rosemary; Minced|
|1/2 teaspoonGarlic Salt|
|1 CupFeta cheese; Crumbled|
|1 CupSundried Tomatoes; Minced|
|32 OzMarinara Sauce; Plain / Pre-made|
|1 Pkg.Angel Hair Pasta|
|1 teaspoonFresh Garlic; Minced|
|1/4 CupWhite WIne; Dry|
Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Feta and Sundried Tomatoes Preparation
1) Clean chicken breasts
2) Coat the breasts with 1/2 of the olive oil
3) Combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, basil, sage, rosemary and garlic salt in a shallow bowl
4) Combine the minced garlic, feta cheese and the sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl
5) In a large fryer heat the remaining 1/2 of the olive oil on a cook-top
6) Preheat Oven to 350(F)
7) Dredge the oil coated breasts in the seasoning
8) With the fryer on medium heat brown both sides of each breast (2-3 minutes)
9) Remove the breasts from the cook-top and using a sharp knife cut a slit in the thick part of each breast (long and deep enough to create a small pocket)
10) Stuff each beast with as much of the feta/garlic/sun-dried tomato mixture as will fit in the pocket
11) Place the browned and stuffed breasts in a small - deep baking dish
12) Pour 1/4 cup of white wine in the bottom of the baking dish
13) Cook on 350(F) for approximately 20-25 minutes or until a quick read thermometer reads 160 degrees
14) Heat marinara on the cook-top until hot
15) Prepare angel hair pasta per directions to al dente
For the perfect outcome do not over cook in the oven. Plate the dish with the small amount of pasta and marinara on the bottom and the breast on top.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Feta and Sundried Tomatoes. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.