Olive Garden Style Zuppa Toscana
This is a much requested recipe on the site given its name! Someone who used to work at the Olive Garden sent in the original recipe and I've adapted it to serve just 6-8. Try it since it is really yummy!
It is a very good soup and hits the spot on cold winter days. I've included this and a few other Olive Garden-inspired recipes on the site for all of our visitors that enjoy eating at the restaurant chain. In my opinion, making these recipes at home makes them even better than the ones you eat at the restaurant! :)"I did take a few liberties in making this. I used vegetarian sausage mix and added Italian sausage spices to make my own "vegetarian Italian sausage". I also made my own version of a non-dairy cream, and of course my own homemade chicken-less bullion. Health problems can bring a person to be creative in their cooking. LOL! The end result was absolutely incredible. I don't see how this can only serve 6. I have two teenage boys and they went back for seconds so we ate 6 servings and still had over half left! I am definitely making this again after hockey games this winter. " - cooksalot1995
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
292 people trying soon
Olive Garden Style Zuppa Toscana Preparation
1. Saute Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, saut? bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage.
7. Add kale just before serving. Delicious!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?