|3/4 cuprice; (brown or white)|
|2 tablespoonsolive oil|
|2 mediumonions; chopped|
|4 cloveGarlic; chopped|
|1 jalapeno; chopped (ribs and seeds removed, for less heat)|
|1/2 teaspoonground cumin|
|Salt ~~amp pepper|
|3 tablespoonstomato paste|
|3 can (15 oz)Pinto beans; drained and rinsed|
|1 bag (10 oz)frozen corn kernels|
|6 scallions; thinly sliced|
|8 10-inchburrito-size flour tortillas|
|2 cupsMonterey Jack cheese; shredded|
|Salsa and sour cream; optional|
Bean Burritos Preparation
1. Cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium. Add onions, garlic, jalapeno, and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Add tomato paste, and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Add beans and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes. Add corn; cook to heat through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.
4. Heat tortillas according to package instructions; fill with rice, bean mixture, and cheese.
5. Assemble: Mound 1/4 cup rice, 3/4 cup bean mixture, and 1/4 cup cheese on one side of tortilla. Fold, and hold in sides. Starting from filled end, holding sides in as you work, tightly roll into a bundle. Place on a baking sheet, seam side down, and prepare remaining burritos.
6. Serve immediately, with salsa and sour cream, if using, or wrap individually in plastic and freeze up to 3 months.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Bean Burritos. Be the first to review it!